Friday 23 August 2013

Today is my one hundred and eleventh minus 87 birthday!!

Ok, I have speech to make - remember in LOTR* when Bilbo has his 111th birthday party with the most amazing/perilous fireworks ever? Remember how he gets everyone together, tells them "I don't know half of you as well as I should like, and like less than half of you half as well as you deserve," before promptly disappearing? Well, this is my birthday speech (don't panic I have no plans to disappear at the end of it...yet).

"Today is my twenty-fourth birthday - one year till I hit the big Two Five. So long early-twenties, it was Fun! Hello mid-twenty something. I have things to do. Most of which I have put off for far too long. And so this year is a 25 for 25 year - twenty-five tasks to complete before I reach 25.

Boring tasks I should do to actual deal with my life (sort out finances), useful tasks (learn how to use chopsticks), fun tasks (who wants to come paragliding?) and anything else that sounds interesting. 

Here's where I need your help -

What should I include as one of the 25?

Best ideas on a postcard/comment at the end of the post/email/carrier pigeon please.

Of course, all 25 tasks will be chronicled and placed on the world wide web for your amusement. In one week I will post the list - and then let the tasks begin. 

Thank's team."




*that's Lord of The Rings for those of you who have been under a rock for the last decade.

3 comments:

  1. Task suggestions from Manita and Anja (and many, many congratulations on your birthday!!!):
    - visiting us in The Netherlands!
    - baking an enormous cake to feed the entire congregation of St. Peter's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find somewhere quiet where you can finish your book. Also, that ring of yours, is it staying too?

    ReplyDelete