Wednesday 3 April 2013

Jewellery for Education


I want to not like Angelina Jolie. I’m Team Aniston all the way (mainly because she played Rachel in Friends, and by gosh would you know it, but my name is Rachel too and on that basis, me and Jen should be bff - best friends forever, obvs. Oh, and Jen doesn’t steal people’s husbands like some I could mention. I can only watch 10 minutes of Mr and Mrs Smith before being filled with an impending sense of doom and having to leave the room before I throw something at the TV). But even I have to applaud Angie’s latest venture.

She has helped found a school for girls in Afghanistan with the proceeds from her Style of Jolie jewellery collection. #seriousbling #guiltfreeshopping




Founding a school, for girls, in Afghanistan. Win. Win. Win.*

Go Angie!

If your budget doesn’t quite measure up to the acrobatics required to purchase some of Angie’s bling but you want to do some good with your shopping then check TOMS (for shoes), Jollie’s Socks (for socks, obvs) or Global Seesaw (for pretty things).


* (If you don’t know much about the problems faced by Afghan girls then watch this TED talk or read this article).

No comments:

Post a Comment