Sunday 3 February 2013

Rest.


Are you rested? Really.

I’m not talking about spiritual rest, or rest from the pressures of the world – that’s a whole other kettle of busy. I mean physical/mental rest. I not talking about the ‘rest’ of crashing out in front of the TV for a couple of hours every night. I mean the rest that is found in taking time to stop, indulge in a hobby or two. Taking time to be still from the crazy busy of life.

Rest. It’s a choice. 

My choice. 

Your choice.

Life is busy. London is busy. Rarely a week goes by when I don’t wish that I could be in two places at once. I tend to run on a three-week cycle of two weeks of crazy busy running around without enough sleep and ever dwindling patience, followed by one week spent hiding away from the world and recovering before the busyness kicks off again. It’s not ideal. Life shouldn't be that way. And it’s not even that I'm busy with things I would rather avoid – it’s good things. But just a lot of them.

Rest. It’s a choice. 

My choice. 

Your choice.

I’ve found that rest is not something that will be offered to you on a plate and tied up with a silver bow. You have to choose it. You have to find space for it. And sometimes things won’t get done as you want them to. Or they won’t get done at all. That’s just the way it is. But sometimes it’s a small price to pay for peace.

Rest. Make it happen.

P.S. But for the times when you have heaps to do and not enough time to do it – stick on Eye of The Tiger. Motivation guaranteed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment